This Homemade Sore Muscle Soak is a wonderful gift idea for anyone you have on your shopping list. Perhaps it would be a nice addition to a homemade spa basket that you could make?
I find that my muscles are sore in the autumn. I think it’s because we’re out hiking more and working outside more. 🙂 Because of this, I find it really nice to have a warm bath with some of my homemade sore muscle soak! This is a delicious-smelling soak because it contains fresh mint and lavender. Here’s how you can easily make up your own batch of homemade sore muscle soak:
Homemade Muscle Sore Soak
You will need the following supplies:
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- Baking soda, 1 cup
- ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves, chopped OR 7-10 drops of Peppermint oil
- ¼ cup of fresh lavender, chopped OR 7-10 drops of Lavender oil
- Start by mixing baking soda with Epsom Salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add your herbs to the mixture, chopped finely. Add your oils now. For the mixture you see here, I used fresh mint and used lavender oil in place of the fresh lavender.
- Continue to mix well. Some clumping may occur due to the oils and herbs releasing moisture. It’s not a problem. You can use a spoon to break the clumps.
- Keep the mixture in an airtight container.