How to make your own homemade fire starters
You can easily make your own fire starters with the items you already have. Ideal for the backyard bonfire, or weekend campfires!
Don’t throw out that dryer lint quite yet! These homemade fire starters will put that lint to use and two more items you most likely have on hand already! You only need lint from your old clothes, wax paper and toilet paper rolls. They’re ridiculously easy AND are a great way to “recycle” materials you already have.
Here’s how to make Homemade Fire Starters:
- Dryer lint
- Toilet paper/paper towels
- Wax paper
1. The lint in your dryer’s lint trap can be removed.
2. Toilet paper rolls can be left whole or divided into thirds.
3. Stuff your paper rolls with the dryer lint, but don’t pack it in too tight
4. Cut a 6″ piece of wax paper
5. Wrap the long sides of the paper roll around each other, then twist the ends.
6. Trim the ends of your wax paper if you’d like
Use: place one of your fire starters under a few pieces of kindling and light the end of your wax paper
** Lint is very flammable, store in a metal box